Donna Kates Southeast Region Scholarship
The goal of the Donna Kates Scholarship is to provide financial aid to an FCCLA member from the Southeast Region who is attending the National FCCLA Leadership Conference
The applicant must:
1. Be a current member of an FCCLA chapter in the following counties: Carter, Murray, Garvin, Pontotoc, Johnston, Marshall, Bryan, Atoka, Coal, Choctaw, Pushmataha, McCurtain, Lefore, Haskell, Latimer, and Pittsburg.
2. Maintain a 2.50 grade point average (Attach current transcript)
3. Active member of the local FCCLA chapter. Affiliation will be checked by the state office.
4. Attend the National Leadership Conference.
5. Not previously received this scholarship
6. Applicant's adviser must be a current member of the Oklahoma FCCLA Alumni and Associates.
AWARD OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The $500 award will be disbursed to the student after he or she attends the National Leadership Conference and fulfills all of his or her responsibilities at the meeting.
Each application will be judged on the following criteria: FCCLA Involvement at the Local Level (45 points), Essay (20 points), Amount of Money Earned for National Leadership Conference Expenses (10 points), Career Plans (10 Points), Letters of reference (2)-(10 points) Community Service Activities (5 points)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Completed applications and requested attachments must be submitted by March 1.
Please have the following items in hand before you begin the application. If you stop before you finish, you will need to restart from the beginning.
FCCLA Involvement (45 points—Not to exceed 500 words).
Discuss how you have helped your local chapter to achieve the chapter goals and improve the lives of the people in your community.
Essay (20 points—Not to exceed 500 words)
Explain why you should receive this scholarship.
Personal Essay (10 points—Not to exceed 100 words)
Explain what you have done to earn a portion of the money for your expenses to the National FCCLA Leadership Conference.
Career Plans (10 points— not to exceed 500 words)
Explain your career goals and how your family and consumer sciences classes are preparing you to achieve your career goal.
Community Service Activities (5 points—not to exceed 75 words)
Letters of Recommendation
Please attach one (1) letter of reference from two (2) different individuals.
These should be from persons other than immediate family and friends. One of the two should be from your local adviser.
Please attach your Student's Transcript.
The Oklahoma Alumni & Associates of FHA, HERO, NHA, and FCCLA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status.